- GM awards 1 to 6 points
- Remaining plot points provide additional advancement points
For example, GM gives 3 points. Player has 6 plot points left over at the end of the adventure. In total the player will have 9 points to spend.
Advancement Prices to Purchase Skills and Attributes
You can spend Advancement Points to increase an Attribute or a Skill, buy new Skills, or save them for a big upgrade spree during a big period of down-time.
Generally, you may spend Advancement Points only to improve a character in-between game
sessions, and only to improve a single Skill or Attribute by one die type or purchase a new skill at the d2 level. Advancement is a slow process.
Buying off Complications Instead
- Removing minor complications costs 10 points
- Removing major complications costs 20 points (10 point makes a major into a minor)
- Reasonable explanation required why the complication isn’t a burden any more
- Needs to be approved by GM